CAJUN ANYTIME TURKEY
GRILLED-SMOKED TURKEY: rbv
Grill: Build a full fire in your smoker/pit as hot as it will go and as close to the grill grate you can get.
TURKEY: 15 lbs to 20 lbs
LARGE ALUMINUM PAN
CUT POCKETS IN THE LEGS-BREAST & THIGHS: DRIZZLE (YOUR CHOICE OF VERON’S SEASONING IN THE POCKETS:
DICE AND SEASON WITH VERON’S THE FOLLOWING: ONIONS-BELL PEPPERS-CELERY-MINCED GARLIC & GARLIC JUICE. (CAN BE ORDERED FROM OUR OFFICE IN LAFAYETTE- IT IS A PRODUCT OF “Cajun Power”): FILL POCKETS. ANY LEFT OVERS THROW IN PAN.
COLMAN DRY MUSTARD
GRANULAR GARLIC POWDER
KIKKOMAN TERIYAKI SAUCE
DRY SHERRY OR MADEIRA
CAJUN POWER (Hebert’s has this as well)
LARGE BOTTLE OF ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING
CHEAPEST GALLON OF WHITE WINE YOU CAN FIND
BOTTLE OF HONEY
VERON’S GARLIC SEASONING
- COAT TURKEY IN OLIVE OIL
- .COVER WITH GARLIC POWDER
- SPRINKLE MEDIUM COVERING OF:
- COLMAN MUSTARD
SPRINKLE THE FOLLOWING:
- LEMON PEEL
- ORANGE PEEL
- THYME: 3 or 4 pinches
- ROSEMARY: 3 or 4 pinches
- GROUND MINT: in the hollow of your hand fill with mint and ground with your fingers and then sprinkle over turkey.
- BALSAMIC VINEGAR: hold thumb over bottle and drizzle over turkey: if you have a spray bottle that’s the best way to do it.
- KIKKOMAN TERIYAKI SAUCE: same as above
- CAJUN POWER: same as above: (this stuff is good in Bloody Mary’s as well)
- DRY SHERRY OR MADEIRA: same as above
- HONEY: heat in micro-wave until fluid and pour over entire turkey
- VERON’S GARLIC (or your choice): season to taste
- CLOVES: with a small pointed knife and a hand full of cloves stick point of knife in turkey and place clove in cuts. Continue about entire turkey
- ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING: gently pour contents of entire bottle over entire turkey.
- WHITE WINE: fill pan with wine up to half the pan and save the rest to add as it cooks down.
PLACE TURKEY ON GRATE DIRECTLY OVER COALS AND CLOSE LID. AFTER 30 MINUTES START BASTING. CONTINUE TO BASTE EVERY 30 MINUTES FOR THE NEXT FOUR PLUS HOURS (if you have a “pop up” timer in the turkey breast because of the homey it may or may not pop up, regardless, if it does pop up continue to cook for 30 minutes to an hour).
ADD WHITE WINE AS IT COOKS OFF. (heat wine in micro-wave before putting in pan)
YOU WILL KNOW THE TURKEY IS DONE WHEN THE WINGS PULL OFF IN YOUR HAND AND THE LEGS DO THE SAME. COOK SOME RICE BECAUSE THE GRAVY IS “KNOCK’UM OUT JOHN”………………..