Priscilla's Crawfish Etouffee
- 1 4-oz. stick of Regular Unsalted Butter
- 1 lb. Crawfish
- 1 Medium White Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Sweet Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 can of Cream of Celery Soup (10 3/4oz.)
- 1 can of Cream of Shrimp Soup (10 3/4oz.)
- 1 can of Diced Rotel (10 oz.)
- 3 tbs. Veron Seasoning (Original or Garlic)
- 2 cups of Long Grain White Rice
- 3-tbs of crushed Garlic
- 1-cup of Dry White Wine
- OR -
- Season Crawfish with Veron’s Garlic, or Original, liberally and let stand while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop Bell Pepper
- Chop Onion
- Saute’ onions, bell pepper and garlic in stick of butter until onions are clear then;
- Add Cream of Celery and Shrimp Soups.
- Add can of Rotel and bring mixture of a boil. Turn fire down and let simmer for 1 hour. (Note: The longer the ingredients simmer the better it will be).
- Add cup of White Wine
- Add crawfish and let simmer for 1/2 hour.
- (DO NOT COVER)
- Cook rice and have ready when crawfish dish is ready.
- Serve over rice.
Serves six. Goes very well with a dry white wine and garlic bread. The garlic bread you can make yourself, if you have a mind to.